- I started cooking at 5 years old -- I made scrambled eggs seasoned with parsley.
- I have always been a food show addict. After Saturday morning cartoons, I'd immediately switch to PBS which had all the cooking shows. I grew up with The Frugal Gourmet, Yan Can Cook, Great Chefs and all those old school cooking shows.
- I was anorexic during high school but I still watched food shows religiously and cooked a lot. I just didn't eat what I cooked.
- I can't seem to make risotto. I've tried to cook it several times and have never had it turn out correctly.
- Pie crust is another enemy of mine. I'm so close to giving up attempting pie dough.
- One of my favorite guilty snacks is cheddar cheese cubes dipped in sugar. Yes, I'm strange but it tastes so good.
- I think Korean moon pies (ie. Orion Chocopies, Lottepies, etc.) kick American moon pies butt.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
7 Random Things About Me & Food
At the prodding of Cousin L who pointed out that I haven't updated since, oh, March... here's a quick food meme - 7 Things about Me & Food